Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Monday

YTS Parents,

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. Please read the message below as it has a great deal of information.

LOGISTICS

1. Weather permitting we will train as normal this week. I realize this coming weekend is Labor Day Weekend however we will still go on Friday night.

2. When parking for training sessions at WRAL please don't park in the small lot behind the stadium field. This area gets very congested and it can be dangerous with our kids walking/running through this lot. Please try to park in another lot.

3. If you are running late to a training session just have your child jump in with the group so the group is not distracted. The coaches will work to get your child involved in the session asap.

SOCCER

1. A major focus for both our U9 and U10 players is technique. We must develop this foundation so players can control, pass and dribble a ball consistently. We will always spend time on technique in our training sessions.

2. Juggling - Perhaps not the most exciting thing in the world to do. I would encourage you to encourage your child to spend time with the ball away from our training sessions. An extra 15-20 minutes a few times a week can make a difference. We will continue to end each session with juggling.

3. As our league games approach will spend some time in training playing 6v6 to help prepare our teams.

PARENTING

1. I have noticed parents moving around the field to be closer to their child when we break up into our groups. I can relate to this as a parent and have no problem with moving to be closer to your child. However I trust when I drop my daughter off at school she is in good hands. I can't stay in the classroom with her.. encouraging her to answer questions the teacher asks... or tell her to work harder... or pay attention or sit up straight. Soccer is the same. We MUST give our kids room to learn, develop and grow. I truly believe we have a great staff in place to work with the kids.

2. Of course we must be supportive as parents and help our young soccer players grow in confidence. Shouting at your child during training session does not instill confidence. As our season continues I will try and provide information to help us all learn and develop.

3. Today I will be emailing team managers an article which I'd like for each to read.

Thanks for your support. The kids have been working hard in our training sessions. I hope they are all enjoying being a part of CASL and our YTS Program.

Thanks,

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment